It seems that every time I blog about a ‘nude’ a product I feel e need to make the post title more and more cheeky. Indulge me if you can.
So this September, it was decided at BanditHQ (aka twitter) that we were going to bring you posts of our favorite nudes. If you haven’t previously read one of our Lipstick Bandit posts, you are in for a treat as the Bandit group of beauty bloggers around the world simultaneously post on the subject du jour. We each have different personal styles and skin tones so you will get a unique perspective from each blog.
The nude lipstick featured here with a smokey eye is NARS Tzigane (swatched here as part of my NARS lipstick collection). Tzigane is one of my all time favourite nude shades and something that I feel goes perfectly with almost any look. It’s not a super pale nude- more of a MLBB peachy toned nude which I feel suits my skin tone best (pale nudes like MAC Myth lipstick makes me look like the walking dead).
NARS Tzigane is moderately pigmented with a subtle glossy finish and wears comfortably on the lips. Love love love it.
– Two faced shadow insurance to prime lids
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow (swatched and reviewed here) blended on mobile lid to crease, and extended out a little towards the temples.
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow smudged under bottom lashline.
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend any harsh edges around the RBR eyeshadow
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze applied to the inner corners of eyes and tear duct area as a highlight. I used the pinkish shades for the beautiful pink quartz coloured shimmer which goes so well with Tzigane and the burgundy tones in the RBR eyeshadow.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper and bottom lashlines and waterline.
– Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus fiber mascara.
– MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
– MAC Blushbaby powder blush on apples (swatched here forever and a day ago)
Keep reading after the jump!
myfunnyvalentine on Sep 24th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, NARS | 51740 comments. Smoking+in+the+nude%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+post2012-09-24+12%3A59%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5174
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
Hello and welcome to another Liptick Bandits post (if you’re unfamiliar with these posts- our Lipstick Bandits team from around the world simultaneously blog about pressing issues like our favourite fall lipstick, the perfect red, etc).
For this instalment, the Lipstick Bandits decided to vote on the ultimate universally flattering lipstick. We decided on Viva Glam V because:
a) It looks good on pretty much everyone
b) It’s available worldwide and is part of MAC’s permanent collection.
c) Every cent from the sale of this lipstick goes to the MAC AIDS fund which supports men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
Viva Glam V is described as a ‘neutral pink with pearl’, Lustre finish lipstick by MAC. On my lips it looks like a light mauvey pink with silvery white microshimmer.
It goes on sheer and feels balmy on the lips. Very wearable.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 2nd, 2012 in FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC, Reviews | 42933commentsViva+Glam+V%3A+The+Universal+Lipstick2012-04-01+21%3A39%3A27myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4293
I hope that you’re all enjoying the festive season so far. The Lipstick Bandits around the world have come together to bring you some holiday sparkles.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance all over lid to prime.
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eye shadow on mobile lid (reviewed and swatched here)
– Urban Decay ‘Hustle’ eye shadow from Naked Palette to darken outer third of top lid.
– Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eye shadow from Naked Palette inner corner highlight.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
– MAC Peaches powder blush
– MAC Redd lip liner
– Chanel Gabrielle Rouge Coco lipstick (apply, then blot the excess)
– MAC Dazzleglass in Get Rich Quick on top of Gabrielle on the middle of lips.
I haven’t worn Chanel Rouge Coco Gabrielle in too long- it’s the perfect true red with that gorgeous silky Rouge Coco texture. I used Get Rich Quick for the festive gold and green sparkles which I think works nicely with the old gold undertones of Abyssinian Catbird.
I gotta be honest- these lips are not exactly low maintenance. You will need to check on your teeth every 15minutes minimum, and kissing is out of the question O_o.
Check out what the other Lipstick Bandits have in store for your lips!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 28th, 2011 in Chanel, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC | 33420 comments. Lipstick+Bandits+gets+you+party+ready%3A+a+red+sparkly+lip+FOTD2011-12-28+01%3A58%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3342
I know that here in Australia we’re heading into Summer, but I can’t get enough of Fall colours, and would happily wear a vampy lip all year round. So here I’m wearing my Fall lipstick pick- MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick in ‘Good to be Bad’.
FOTD makeup breakdown:
-Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Mirifique in a sheer layer blended on mobile lid.
– NARS Grand Palais Duo (pinky brown side) in crease
– MUFE waterproof eye brow corrector to fill in brows
– Lord and Berry Inkglam Liquid Eyeliner on top lashline
– Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush
– MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick ‘Good to be Bad’.
Wondering what the other Lipstick Bandits are loving? Check out these posts for all our fall favourites:
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review