Hope you’ve all had a good start to the week. I’ve just gotten back from an amazing weekend away exploring the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with my boyfriend, and currently daydreaming about putting a deposit on a waterfront property somewhere along there. A gal can dream, right?
Before I left, I put together a FOTD inspired by the beauty looks on Versace Spring Summer runways during Milan Fashion Week. I love a great smoky eye, and this one updates the classic smoky eye with a little bit of gold making it a great look for both day and night.
– Two faced shadow insurance to prime.
– Illamasqua ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) on the mobile lid.
– Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) in crease, layering for intensity in the outer V. I’ve also smudged this under the lower lashline and blended a little further down.
– MAC ‘Soba’ eyeshadow blended around the edges to soften the Inglot dark brown, and also give it a golden ‘halo’ type effect.
– Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in ‘Champagne’ blended in the inner corner as a highlight.
– The black and dark brown eyeliner from the Physicians formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner trio for brown eyes (swatched and reviewed here) smudged along upper lashline and bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink gel eyeliner to line lower waterline.
– Katy Perry falsies from Eyelure.
– Illamasqua Powder blush in ‘Naked Rose’ (reviewed and swatched here as part of the Naked Strangers collection)
– NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok (swatched and reviewed here)
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Runway | 53550 comments. Antique+Gold+Smoky+eye+FOTD+inspired+by+Versace+S%2FS2012-10-16+03%3A33%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5355
I took some FOTD shots yesterday before I rushed off to work so I thought I would post them up here.
Spring has sprung here and I was in the mood to try a simple flicked cats eye liner against a peachy colour palette as seen on the runways (to see the look and commentary go to my previous post here). It’s a super simple look that in my opinion would be great on a day time date, or Valentine’s day.
Keep reading after the jump!
myfunnyvalentine on Oct 5th, 2012 in FOTD, Runway | 53120 comments. FOTD+inspired+by+Dolce+and+Gabbana+S%2FS+2013+2012-10-05+12%3A57%3A44myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5312
It’s warming up here in Melbourne, and looks like Spring has truly started. I’m really enjoying the longer daylight hours and the fact that I don’t have to wear a coat in the mornings when I’m travelling to work.
On the international runways for Fashion Week Spring /Summer 2013 has been very exciting indeed. Some inspirational beauty looks and great ideas to kick off the holiday season coming up. Here are some of my favourite picks from Milan, New York, and Paris.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 4th, 2012 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 52730 comments. The+Edit%3A+Fashion+Week+Spring%2FSummer+2013+Makeup+Looks2012-10-04+01%3A06%3A06myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5273
When it comes to hair, I’m a hopeless noob. When I want to do anything outside of my very restricted comfort zone, I feel like 18yr old me trying to tackle liquid eyeliners for the first time.
I am slowly trying to learn a thing or two though, and fashion week styles are always a good place for inspiration.
One things I’ve realised recently is how important pre-styling products are to get to the style you want. For example, a little bit of volume enhancer like Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep before blow drying is magic for adding body, especially in addition to any other root lifting products you normally use during the styling process.
I’ve drafted upcoming posts on how the products work on specific styles on my own hair, so watch this space.
1) Create a straight, clean center part.
2) Spray a cocktail of Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and Aveda Volumizing Tonic from root to mid-length, coating the hair.
3) Blowdry straight, from roots to ends, using a round brush. Use a flat iron to smooth out kinks or waves, if necessary. Hair should be flat to the head.
4) Tuck hair behind ears and part in the back, bringing hair forward over each shoulder.
5) Finish with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to smooth flyaways.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Sep 27th, 2012 in Hair, Runway | 52111 commentAveda+at+NYFW%3A+How+to+achieve+hairstyles+from+Tibi+and+Behnaz+Sarafpour2012-09-27+02%3A06%3A20myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5211
Pat Mcgrath’s work for Christian Dior S/S Haute Couture 2012 was an understated masterpiece. Together with the sleek bobs and the 1950s inspired gowns, the models evoked an updated Grace Kelly.
I had a little play the other day- here is my version of Pat McGrath’s beauty look for Christian Dior. I decided to swap the matte natural lip of the original for a bit of golden peachy goodness, aka Hourglass Prodigy Lipgloss in Hypnotic. These photos were taken pre- hair colour.
– Marie Veronique Everyday Sheer Coverage SPF 30+ Light Tint (reviewed here)
– Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance on lids to prime
– NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk blended with finger on mobile lid
– Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette in crease (swatched here)
– Urban Decay ‘Virgin’ Eyeshadow from Naked Palette (swatched here) to highlight the inner corners of the eyes.
– Inglot Matte 351 (matte warm white, swatched here.) eyeshadow blended on top of Milk on mobile lid up to crease.
– MUFE waterproof eyebrow corrector
– MAC Bronzer in Golden to contour
– MAC Cremeblend blush in Ladyblush on apples
– MAC blush in Blushbaby on top.
+ Bobbi Brown shimmerwash eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight nose bridge and top of cheekbones.
– Hourglass Prodigy lipgloss in Hypnotic (reviewed and swatched here)
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Mar 28th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, Runway | 41310 comments. FOTD+inspired+by+Christian+Dior+S%2FS+Haute+Couture+20122012-03-28+06%3A14%3A55myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4131
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review