I had a great time seeing the makeup artistry on the runways this season, and I’ve put together some of my favourite looks from Style.com here. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
For the A/W 2013 runway, Peter Philips wanted makeup that would be beautiful close up and equally as eye catching from a distance. The silver sequins/jumbo glitter, which were placed from the inner corner of the eyes and extended outwards is makeup art perfection, and I can imagine the extra sequins placed on the model’s lashes would have caught the lights beautifully on the runway as they moved their eyes.
Dianne Kendal created an amazing dimensional smoky eye that brings to mind stars in the night sky. She layered 3 different types of glitter on top of NARS Outremer and the yet to be released NARS Solomon Islands Eye Paint to achieve the dazzling effect. Ah-mazing.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 24th, 2013 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 72980 comments. The+Edit%3A+Autumn%2FWinter+2013+Fashion+Week+Beauty+Looks2013-04-24+00%3A56%3A18myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7298
It’s warming up here in Melbourne, and looks like Spring has truly started. I’m really enjoying the longer daylight hours and the fact that I don’t have to wear a coat in the mornings when I’m travelling to work.
On the international runways for Fashion Week Spring /Summer 2013 has been very exciting indeed. Some inspirational beauty looks and great ideas to kick off the holiday season coming up. Here are some of my favourite picks from Milan, New York, and Paris.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 4th, 2012 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 52730 comments. The+Edit%3A+Fashion+Week+Spring%2FSummer+2013+Makeup+Looks2012-10-04+01%3A06%3A06myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5273
I youtubed again- this time I ventured out of my normal beauty blogging comfort zone and did an outfit vlog, for better or worse! I had fun making this video and I think I’ll continue to do these ‘OOTD’ posts, it seems to be an appropriate outlet for squee-ing about clothing purchases (I don’t tend to do this in real life).
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 18th, 2012 in Style and Fashion, YouTube | 48620 comments. OOTD+vlog+on+youtube+%27What+I%27m+Wearing+This+Week%27+2012-05-18+01%3A40%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4862
This is the clothing part of my (pretty gigantic) blog sale. I think I’m getting a bit addicted to purging/streamlining my stash, so I’ll be posting up jewellery sale items soonish (part 3, dear lord).
The majority of the items listed here are almost new- and have been sitting in my closet because they are too big (ah the perils of online shopping). I do take in/up a lot of clothes, but things that are too big around the shoulders I can’t do anything about. Some items I just own and never wear. Either way- I need good homes for these clothes!
Everything is clean, but some items are not ironed (I’ve been
lazy ahem blogging)
To give you a reference point for these clothes- I’m a shorty at 156cm, and generally a size 6-8. These clothes vary from a size 6- size 12ish.
1. The sale will work on a first come, first served basis. Email me on jenny @ myfunnyvalentineblog.com listing the items you wish to purchase, and include your PayPal email address.
[edit: I've had some reports of emails sent to email@example.com bouncing- so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if that's the case]
2. I accept PayPal only. All prices are listed in Australian dollars.
3. All sales are final (no returns). Ask me any questions you have about the product before offering to purchase.
4. I will ship the items within 3 working days of your completed (not pending) payment through PayPal.
5. I am more than happy to combine shipping for orders made within 24hrs of each other (ie. if you forgot to add an item which is still available, email me within 24hrs and I’ll recalculate the shipping).
6. I cannot be held responsible for any items that are lost or damaged during transit. All items will be packaged securely.
7. Shipping for CLOTHES within Australia is $10 for one item, $12 for 2-4 items, $13 for 4+ items. International shipping is $14 for the first item, $16 for 2+ items. note: makeup items SHIP FREE when you combine with purchase of 2+ items of clothing (both internationally and within Australia).
Burgundy rust coloured chiffon dress with beaded ‘cage’ detail. Beautiful material, cut, and beadwork- just doesn’t suit me. The waist is elastic- will suit a size 6 -> a small size 8
Tried on once, never worn out. $35 rrp approx $100
Bought this when I was in the US 18months ago, and realised soon after that I look dumb in vests. Suits a size 6.
only worn 1-2x – $20
Keep reading after the jump!
Another 13 outfits to go…Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 5th, 2012 in Style and Fashion | 43670 comments. BLOG+SALE+part+2%3A+clothing+2012-04-05+09%3A42%3A19myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4367