International Artistic Director for Shu Uemura Mr.Kakuyasu Uchiide created two makeup looks for the David Jones Spring Summer Fashion Launch this week. The concept was ‘Italian Riviera mees Poolside Glamour’.
Embrace Balmy nights with shu uemura’s incredibly chic colour palette to enhance your beauty. A dark winged eye, embellished with a dash of gold on the lid, highlights the eyesunder lights, complimented with a soft sheer glow on the cheek and a matt nude lip.
1. Using your fingers, gently massage shu uemura Instant Glow Stage Performer all over the face
2. Using shu uemura Brush 18, apply shu uemura Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation and conceal under the eyes and any imperfections if necessary
3. Using Natural Brush 20h, apply shu uemura Glow On Medium Bronze P780 to the contour of your the cheek
4. Draw a thick line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Gold, then draw a thinner black line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Black and flick it at the end, to define the shape of the eye.
5. Thicken and define brows with shu uemura Hard Formula in Brown
6. Using a shu uemura kolinsky Lip Brush, apply shu uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte BG930 over the lips
7. Use the shu uemura Eyelash Curler to curl the lashes and then apply shu uemura Ultimate Natural Mascara in Black to your top lashes
8. To complete the look, paint the nails with shu uemura Nail Color in Pink Champagne Gold
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Aug 1st, 2013 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 80370 comments. Shu+Uemura+Backstage+at+David+Jones+SS13+Fashion+Launch2013-08-01+00%3A04%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8037
I had a great time seeing the makeup artistry on the runways this season, and I’ve put together some of my favourite looks from Style.com here. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
For the A/W 2013 runway, Peter Philips wanted makeup that would be beautiful close up and equally as eye catching from a distance. The silver sequins/jumbo glitter, which were placed from the inner corner of the eyes and extended outwards is makeup art perfection, and I can imagine the extra sequins placed on the model’s lashes would have caught the lights beautifully on the runway as they moved their eyes.
Dianne Kendal created an amazing dimensional smoky eye that brings to mind stars in the night sky. She layered 3 different types of glitter on top of NARS Outremer and the yet to be released NARS Solomon Islands Eye Paint to achieve the dazzling effect. Ah-mazing.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 24th, 2013 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 72980 comments. The+Edit%3A+Autumn%2FWinter+2013+Fashion+Week+Beauty+Looks2013-04-24+00%3A56%3A18myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7298
It’s warming up here in Melbourne, and looks like Spring has truly started. I’m really enjoying the longer daylight hours and the fact that I don’t have to wear a coat in the mornings when I’m travelling to work.
On the international runways for Fashion Week Spring /Summer 2013 has been very exciting indeed. Some inspirational beauty looks and great ideas to kick off the holiday season coming up. Here are some of my favourite picks from Milan, New York, and Paris.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 4th, 2012 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 52730 comments. The+Edit%3A+Fashion+Week+Spring%2FSummer+2013+Makeup+Looks2012-10-04+01%3A06%3A06myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5273
I youtubed again- this time I ventured out of my normal beauty blogging comfort zone and did an outfit vlog, for better or worse! I had fun making this video and I think I’ll continue to do these ‘OOTD’ posts, it seems to be an appropriate outlet for squee-ing about clothing purchases (I don’t tend to do this in real life).
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 18th, 2012 in Style and Fashion, YouTube | 48620 comments. OOTD+vlog+on+youtube+%27What+I%27m+Wearing+This+Week%27+2012-05-18+01%3A40%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4862