For the Myer Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Launch last week, YSL beauty created a look featuring a sun kissed colour palette. I loved the fun use of colour in this show, and was also really excited to see a YSL Glossy Stain featured (you may recall me going completely nuts over the Glossy Stains earlier in the year).I don’t currently own #21, but I do have the YSL Glossy Stain in #6 which is quite similar when it deepens with the second layer.
This season be transported to the outback of Australia. The rusty, sunburnt tones of the outback sets the mood for this season’s makeup look, paying homage to the beautiful photographs of native Australian birds by Australian Artist Leila Jeffries.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Aug 16th, 2013 in Runway, YSL | 81350 comments. Beauty+Notes%3A+YSL+Backstage+at+Myer+Spring+Summer+20132013-08-16+00%3A08%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8135
International Artistic Director for Shu Uemura Mr.Kakuyasu Uchiide created two makeup looks for the David Jones Spring Summer Fashion Launch this week. The concept was ‘Italian Riviera mees Poolside Glamour’.
Embrace Balmy nights with shu uemura’s incredibly chic colour palette to enhance your beauty. A dark winged eye, embellished with a dash of gold on the lid, highlights the eyesunder lights, complimented with a soft sheer glow on the cheek and a matt nude lip.
1. Using your fingers, gently massage shu uemura Instant Glow Stage Performer all over the face
2. Using shu uemura Brush 18, apply shu uemura Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation and conceal under the eyes and any imperfections if necessary
3. Using Natural Brush 20h, apply shu uemura Glow On Medium Bronze P780 to the contour of your the cheek
4. Draw a thick line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Gold, then draw a thinner black line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Black and flick it at the end, to define the shape of the eye.
5. Thicken and define brows with shu uemura Hard Formula in Brown
6. Using a shu uemura kolinsky Lip Brush, apply shu uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte BG930 over the lips
7. Use the shu uemura Eyelash Curler to curl the lashes and then apply shu uemura Ultimate Natural Mascara in Black to your top lashes
8. To complete the look, paint the nails with shu uemura Nail Color in Pink Champagne Gold
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Aug 1st, 2013 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 80373commentsShu+Uemura+Backstage+at+David+Jones+SS13+Fashion+Launch2013-08-01+00%3A04%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8037
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review