As you may know, I’m crazy about deep vampy lips- give me a nice burgundy lip with a glossy finish an I’m all yours for the taking.
The thing I really love about Brun Glace (which is shade #2, reviewed previously in this post ) is that it’s a deep vampy lip product with a long lasting shine and colour that wears evenly on the lips- these qualities are harder to find than you might think in a dark lip product. I also love how you can use lip liners under this Glossy Stain to achieve anything from a glossy mahogany brown lip, to a deep merlot, to a rusty red. Of course, you can do the same with any lipliner/lipgloss combo- but the shine never lasts as long on me with other lipglosses. Also, I find that when I wear darker colours with a glossy finish, I get a really obvious migration of the lip colour from the centre of the lips to the edges, which just means frequent touch ups to avoid the ‘dark lip liner’ look.
Anyway, look! I did a FOTD.
– TFSI to prime
– Laura Mercier Bamboo eyeshadow applied all over the lid to the crease
– MAC Reflects Gold glitter pressed onto the lid, on top of Bamboo with a flat brush
– MAC Mystery and Typographic eyeshadows to darken outer V
– MAC Mystery eyeshadow blended below bottom lashline
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend any harsh edges around eyeshadow.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in ‘Black’ to line waterline and top lashline
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight inner corners of the eyes
– MAC Bronzing powder in Bronze to contour
– Illamasqua Ambition (from Ambition/Katie blush duo) blush on apples
– MAC Lipliner in Burgundy
– YSL Glossy Stain in #2 Brun Glace on top
Keep reading after the jump!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 28th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Lip Gloss, Swatches, YSL | 71790 comments. Sparkly+taupe+eye+with+glossy+vino+lips+featuring+Brun+Glac%C3%A9+Glossy+Stain2013-04-28+02%3A05%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7179
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review