I’m still umming and ahh-ing about whether or not to have a bold lip at my wedding (because church kiss), but I really love the idea of a deep berry lip during an Autumn wedding. Such a difficult decision to make! If you’ve worn a bold lip down the aisle, I’d love to hear how it went- did half of it end up on the groom?
I’m not sure Phil suits a vampy lip.
– Matte beige shade from the Sleek Storm palette blended all over top lid just past the crease (3rd shadow from the left on the top row of shadows in the palette)
– Matte purple shade from Tom Ford Orchid Haze Quad in the outer V and smudged under bottom lashline
– Matte neutral greyish brown shade from Sleek Storm palette (second from the right on the bottom row of shadows) blended lightly in the crease and the outer 3rd of bottom lashline.
– Silvery shade from Orchid haze applied in the inner corner to highlight
– Shimmery taupe from Orchid Haze palette (top right) applied to the centre of the top lid and blended slightly outwards and upwards.
– Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in Espresso Ink to line the top lashline and smudged along the edge of the lashline on the outer 3rd of the bottom lids.
(yes I love wearing this lip product as a cheek colour)
Lips:myfunnyvalentine on Jun 16th, 2015 in FOTD | 112233commentsAutumn+bridal+makeup%3A+berry+lip%2C+glowy+eyes2015-06-16+06%3A06%3A18myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D11223
I feel like it’s been awhile since I’ve done a FOTD makeup post outside of a review, and I think part of that is because I’ve had most of my stash in boxes for the last 6 months.
It’s good to be finally settled in and unpacked after such much moving around. The majority of my beauty things kept in boxes in Sydney have arrived safely, and I’ve got my makeup essentials/favourites arranged neatly in my new Makeup Box Shop acrylic organiser.
There is a tragic side to this story, unfortunately. My favourite lip products (shown together in this post) have gone missing. I painstakingly packaged them in bubble wrap with some other valuables- my backup external hard drive, Phil’s point and shoot camera- and it has all been lost in the move between Melbourne to Canberra (via Sydney). I suppose there’s no point in fretting- don’t lip products have a 2 year expiry anyway?
Do you guys throw out lip products after a certain period, or do you tend to keep your favourite items for years longer than recommended like I do (my working theory is- that if it looks ok and smells ok then it stays).
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jul 7th, 2014 in BECCA, Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 105780 comments. Radiant+Orchid+inspired+FOTD%3A+Purple%2C+pink%2C+grey+and+gold.+2014-07-07+07%3A20%3A17myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10578
Valentine’s Day is soon! Do you celebrate it? Phil and I don’t really get too excited about Feb 14 in general, but there is something romantic (and profitable, of course) about having a day of the year where everyone is on a date.
One thing about Valentine’s Day that I do notice each year is that I get a traffic spike because of the name of my blog- quite a number of people stumbling across it probably looking for gifts or date planning inspiration and finding themselves looking at makeup hahah. Well the least I could do is at least provide some sort of FOTD related to Valentine’s Day, which I seem to neglect doing most years.
Here it is!
(btw, ‘My Funny Valentine’ as a name has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day whatsoever.)
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 7th, 2014 in FOTD | 93420 comments. Valentine%27s+Day+Makeup%3A+Aubergine+and+Taupe+Smoky+Eye2014-02-06+13%3A08%3A37myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9342
Sorry I’ve been missing in action lately. I had a very lazy holiday period, and when I was rested and ready to blog up a storm- My Funny Valentine came down with a mysterious case of trojan flu. Yes, again (FML).
For a few terrifying days I actually thought that I would have to either give up on the MFV for good, or move back to blogspot. Thankfully, Sarah from Dempeaux came to the rescue (well, technically her programmer boyfriend did) and we found 4 separate lines of malicious code lurking … maliciously?.. in my theme files.
I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the lovely readers that tweeted and emailed me letting me know what the situation was on their end- what would I do without you guys?
[edit: less than 5hrs after publishing this post, Sarah from Dempeaux and her programmer boyfriend alerted me to the fact that there were suddenly hundreds of malicious lines of code on my blog seeded across a number of blog files- they were being churned out by some sort of Russian virus hiding in my TimThumb plugin files. Sarah’s boyfriend was kind enough to nurse my poor little blog back to health last night- I can’t thank them enough.]
So now that we’re back on track- here is a FOTD that I had been wearing quite a bit lately (I’m pretty sure I wore this on NYE) . It’s a plummy taupey soft smokey eye with a bit of Illusion D’Ombre shimmer.
As promised, this is the first makeup look using the Sleek Storm palette. If you haven’t already had a look, the swatches of the Storm palette (in the post just before this one) gives you an idea of how great the shadows are in terms of pigmentation and texture. An amazing buy for $10!
– matte black shade I’ve labelled #12 in Sleek Storm Palette on the mobile lid and smudged under bottom lashline.
– Dark shimmery eggplant purple which I’ve labelled #6 in Storm Palette in crease and blended well into the matte black. I’ve also popped a little of this under bottom lashline to tie things in.
– Matte taupe brown #11 used to blend away harsh lines in crease and under bottom lashline.
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy on inner corner to make the highlighter colour pop.
– Shimmery champagne #2 Sleek Storm Palette on inner corner on top of Pixie Epoxy, and on tear duct area.
– MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on waterline and upper lashline.
– MAC Blushbaby powder blush
– Chanel Extrait de Gloss Impertinance.
keep reading after the jump!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 5th, 2011 in Drugstore, FOTD | 15620 comments. They+call+it+Stormy+Monday..+FOTD+with+Sleek+Storm+Palette2011-09-05+01%3A01%3A52myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1562
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review