International Artistic Director for Shu Uemura Mr.Kakuyasu Uchiide created two makeup looks for the David Jones Spring Summer Fashion Launch this week. The concept was ‘Italian Riviera mees Poolside Glamour’.
Embrace Balmy nights with shu uemura’s incredibly chic colour palette to enhance your beauty. A dark winged eye, embellished with a dash of gold on the lid, highlights the eyesunder lights, complimented with a soft sheer glow on the cheek and a matt nude lip.
1. Using your fingers, gently massage shu uemura Instant Glow Stage Performer all over the face
2. Using shu uemura Brush 18, apply shu uemura Face Architect Illuminating Moisture Fluid Foundation and conceal under the eyes and any imperfections if necessary
3. Using Natural Brush 20h, apply shu uemura Glow On Medium Bronze P780 to the contour of your the cheek
4. Draw a thick line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Gold, then draw a thinner black line using shu uemura Painting Liner in Black and flick it at the end, to define the shape of the eye.
5. Thicken and define brows with shu uemura Hard Formula in Brown
6. Using a shu uemura kolinsky Lip Brush, apply shu uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte BG930 over the lips
7. Use the shu uemura Eyelash Curler to curl the lashes and then apply shu uemura Ultimate Natural Mascara in Black to your top lashes
8. To complete the look, paint the nails with shu uemura Nail Color in Pink Champagne Gold
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Aug 1st, 2013 in Runway, Style and Fashion | 80373commentsShu+Uemura+Backstage+at+David+Jones+SS13+Fashion+Launch2013-08-01+00%3A04%3A43myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D8037
This weekend I’m spending at le bf’s place on the south coast so I will have limited time in front of a computer. I promise to be more reachable by Wed next week!
Am on my way to dinner (happy birthday to me!), but I thought I’d leave you with some amazing images that landed in my inbox last week courtesy of Estee Lauder PR. Tom Pecheux has done it again-the perfect balance between chic and undone, edgy and sophisticated. When I saw the feathery smokey eye with the haunting combination of burgundy/pink and gunmetal, I almost died.
“Anthony’s collection is magical – very sexy, very luxurious, very fresh, very young. All of those elements combined inspired me to create a ‘Paris by night’ look, with the focus on the eyes. For me, the eyes represent the Parisian woman, it’s her signature. Anthony is a young designer, and it is important to keep the makeup young and fresh.” – Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Mar 10th, 2012 in Runway | 40991 commentEst%C3%A9e+Lauder+at+Anthony+Vaccarello+Fall+2012+Paris+Fashion+Show2012-03-10+07%3A12%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4099
The Fall Ready To Wear fashion week shows are always my favourites. Here are the beauty looks that have made it into my inspiration folder- hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Another reason to pull out my MAC Club eyeshadow, which is currently collecting dust. I realise I haven’t gone anywhere near green/emerald/peacock toned eyeshadows for a long time- and I think that trying this makeup look for a FOTD would be the best way to correct the situation.
Makeup artist Diane Kendal was working within a similar cross section of warrior-meets-old school glamour, which manifested itself into a strong, diffused, emerald-green eye. “It’s Ming dynasty and 1940’s Hollywood,” Kendal said while building up lids using MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Tealo to create a base for its Eye Kohl in Minted, a light green, that she layered through the crease.
To add texture and dimension, Kendal blended MAC Eyeshadow in Club and its Pigment in Kelly Green outward toward the temple before tracing the lash line with its Eye Kohl in Blooz, a dark blue, and a black cream liner to extend the elongated shape of the pigments. “The actual shape is the Hollywood part,” Kendal said of the classic cat’s-eye silhouette. MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara amplified top lashes only, while lips were left bare, save for a touch of its emollient Lip Conditioner.
* Pink Swoon Sheertone Powder Blush — highlights apple of cheek
* MAC Pro Marine Ultra and Landscape Green Chromagraphic Pencils — blended together and smudged into the upper lashline and upwards into the crease
* Minted Eye Kohl — blended into the crease for a highlighting effect
* MAC Pro Kelly Green Pigment and Club Eye shadow — blended over the shape to add texture and dimension to the eye
* Blooz Eye Kohl — sketched into the lashline to extend the eye
* Black Crème Liner — delicately applied to deepen lashes and accentuate the lashline
* Haute & Naughty Black Mascara — applied through the upper lashes
* Lip Conditioner SPF 15 — hydrates and provides the lip with a natural shine
Love the romantic yet edgy look that NARS created for Creatures of the Wind. Glossy lids FTW!
image from www.makeupforlife.net
The makeup looks on the Burberry Prorsum Fall RTW runways this year looks like they came straight off a Burberry magazine advertisement- you have the taupe brown smokey eye, neutral lips, and a ‘desaturated’, sepia look to the colour palette. So simple but I adore it.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 24th, 2012 in Runway | 39150 comments. The+Edit%3A+beauty+looks+from+Fall+2012+runways2012-02-24+06%3A09%3A00myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3915
So, I really should be studying hard for a rather terrifying exam (worth 90%) coming up on Monday. That makes this the perfect time to peruse my favourite street style photography blogs!
Here are some of the images I’ve been drooling over, from Stockholm Street Style …
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 17th, 2011 in Style and Fashion | 306310commentsStyle+inspiration+from+Stockholm+Street+Style2011-11-17+22%3A46%3A16myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3063
It’s that time of the year again. The dust has settled from the Spring/Summer Ready To Wear Fashion Week runways, leaving me to greedily pore over all the backstage photos.
Here are my favourite looks-
I loved the smudgey copper gold and black smokey eye that Lisa Butler created for this Emilio Pucci show using MAC cosmetics. It’s equal parts gypsy wanderer, and rich girl on a luxury yacht.
• Smolder Eye Kohl – applied through the upper lashline, waterline and lower lashline, with extra depth at the inner and outer corner of eyes.
• Blitz and Glitz Fluidline – smudged through Smolder Eye Kohl around lashes.
• Venetian Tarnish Metal X Cream Shadow – applied over the upper and lower eyelids with fingers, being sure to not over blend.
• Zoomblack Zoom Lash Mascara – applied through both upper and lower lashes to define.
• Hush Hush Tendertone Lip Balm (available Spring/Summer 2012) – dabbed over eyelids during line-up at first looks.
keep reading after the jump!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2011 in Miscellaneous, Runway | 19500 comments. The+Edit%3A+beauty+looks+from+Spring+Summer+2012+runways2011-10-16+03%3A08%3A26myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1950
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Paula’s Choice Berry & Bright Lip Collection: Review and Swatches
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review