For today’s installment of Lipstick Bandits goodness- we bring you coral lips from our bandit bloggers around the world. As I was planning the post, I realised that I hardly touched any of my coral lippies throughout the Spring and Summer just gone, so it was a nice change bringing my MAC See Sheer out for a night on the town.
MAC See Sheer is a lustre finish lipstick. It is a peachy coral colour with medium to full pigmentation and a subtle glossy sheen- as with most MAC lustre finish lippies, See Sheer has a comfortable balmy feel on the lips and is non drying.
For a second I thought about making a pun in the title involving ‘Golden Eyes’ and ‘See Sheer’. I couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t totally lame so I will have to find another blog title to pun. One day!
You may have noticed that the lighting looks different in these images. I’m experimenting with artificial lighting to extend my useful blog photography hours to past daylight- the days are getting shorter and shorter here in Australia and most days it is dark when I get up in the morning, and getting dark by the time I get home from work. These pictures were taken in my tiny bathroom with some hand held reflectors to help with the shadows. I’m struggling to get the level of clarity that I get with daylight even with manual focus on the DSLR but I suppose it’s better than not taking the pictures at all.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 15th, 2013 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC | 70380 comments. Golden+Eyes+and+Coral+Lips%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+FOTD+2013-04-15+13%3A58%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7038
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the Lipstick Bandits have decided to each do a V day inspired lip.
My favourite style of makeup for Valentine’s Day is fresh, natural, and feminine- with most of the attention focused on the lips. For this FOTD I used the Ellis Faas Creamy Lips, which have a texture halfway between a lipstick and a lip stain. This makes them lightweight, and fairly transfer proof (ie. practically made for kissing ).
- NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side of the duo) blended all over top lids.
- MAC Copperplate eyeshadow blended on top of the Grand Palais to tone down some of the pink.
- MAC Chromagraphic pencil (light nude) NW15/NC 25 on waterline
- Individual lashes placed on the outer corner of top lashline.
- MAC Bronzer in ‘Bronze’ to contour
- MAC Gingerly blush on apples
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 4th, 2013 in Ellis Faas, Eye shadow, FOTD, Lipstick Bandits | 63730 comments. Valentine%27s+Day+Makeup%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+Post2013-02-04+00%3A58%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6373
It seems that every time I blog about a ‘nude’ a product I feel e need to make the post title more and more cheeky. Indulge me if you can.
So this September, it was decided at BanditHQ (aka twitter) that we were going to bring you posts of our favorite nudes. If you haven’t previously read one of our Lipstick Bandit posts, you are in for a treat as the Bandit group of beauty bloggers around the world simultaneously post on the subject du jour. We each have different personal styles and skin tones so you will get a unique perspective from each blog.
The nude lipstick featured here with a smokey eye is NARS Tzigane (swatched here as part of my NARS lipstick collection). Tzigane is one of my all time favourite nude shades and something that I feel goes perfectly with almost any look. It’s not a super pale nude- more of a MLBB peachy toned nude which I feel suits my skin tone best (pale nudes like MAC Myth lipstick makes me look like the walking dead).
NARS Tzigane is moderately pigmented with a subtle glossy finish and wears comfortably on the lips. Love love love it.
- Two faced shadow insurance to prime lids
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow (swatched and reviewed here) blended on mobile lid to crease, and extended out a little towards the temples.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Bejewelled Skylark eyeshadow smudged under bottom lashline.
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend any harsh edges around the RBR eyeshadow
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze applied to the inner corners of eyes and tear duct area as a highlight. I used the pinkish shades for the beautiful pink quartz coloured shimmer which goes so well with Tzigane and the burgundy tones in the RBR eyeshadow.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper and bottom lashlines and waterline.
- Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus fiber mascara.
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- MAC Blushbaby powder blush on apples (swatched here forever and a day ago)
Keep reading after the jump!
myfunnyvalentine on Sep 24th, 2012 in Bobbi Brown, FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, NARS | 51740 comments. Smoking+in+the+nude%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+post2012-09-24+12%3A59%3A23myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5174
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
It was decided by our international group of Lipstick Bandits that this instalment was going to be all about Summer brights and corals.
It’s somewhat amusing that I’m writing this post in late autumn, sitting in bed wearing two scarves, long johns, and sharing a hot water bottle with Dizzy. This is my little glimpse of warm weather, which I’m quite enjoying!
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- NARS Grand Palais Duo (dusty pink side) on mobile lid past the crease. (review and swatches here)
- MAC Embark eyeshadow to darken outer V and smudged under bottom lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink to line upper lashline and lower waterline
- Majorca Majolica Lash Expander Plus mascara
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Champagne to highlight inner corners and cupid’s bow.
- MAC Golden Bronzer to contour
- MAC Peachy blush
- Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet ‘La Ravissante’
Make sure to check out the other corals we’ve picked for you- I can’t wait to be able to click through to the other Lipstick Bandits posts later on.
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 28th, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Lipstick | 48730 comments. Monochromatic+Coral+for+summer%3A+A+Lipstick+Bandits+Post2012-05-28+22%3A59%3A59myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4873
Tags: Lipstick Bandits
Hello and welcome to another Liptick Bandits post (if you’re unfamiliar with these posts- our Lipstick Bandits team from around the world simultaneously blog about pressing issues like our favourite fall lipstick, the perfect red, etc).
For this instalment, the Lipstick Bandits decided to vote on the ultimate universally flattering lipstick. We decided on Viva Glam V because:
a) It looks good on pretty much everyone
b) It’s available worldwide and is part of MAC’s permanent collection.
c) Every cent from the sale of this lipstick goes to the MAC AIDS fund which supports men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
Viva Glam V is described as a ‘neutral pink with pearl’, Lustre finish lipstick by MAC. On my lips it looks like a light mauvey pink with silvery white microshimmer.
It goes on sheer and feels balmy on the lips. Very wearable.
keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Apr 2nd, 2012 in FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC, Reviews | 42931 commentViva+Glam+V%3A+The+Universal+Lipstick2012-04-01+21%3A39%3A27myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4293
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Clarins Instant Light Concealer: In Search Of The Flawless Face
Foundation brush comparison: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Becca One Perfecting Brush, Beauty Blender
Jane Iredale Corrective Colours palette, Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 14: In Search Of The Flawless Face