The look that Rae Morris created for Frankie Magazine sponsored runway 07 (Karen Walker, Kuwaii, Limedrop, Gormon, and more) combined an intense powdery white exaggerated inner corner eye look with a bright fuschia lip.
I thought it would be a fun look to try for a FOTD.
I tried staying true to the original products that Rae Morris used as much as possible, so that you get an idea of how the ‘runway’ colours look under natural day lighting. I find that the colours look VERY different to the runway/backstage images- especially the lip colour, which looks far pinker in real life than it does on the runway photos.
Some of the products that I felt didn’t work well on me I omitted (the L’Oreal Nude Magique BB cream makes me look like I have jaundice).
In retrospect, I think I should have done a much bolder brow to go with the soft, undefined quality of the eye makeup- just like what Rae Morris did on her 07 runway models. Without a bold brow look to frame the eyes with these type of looks, things just seem a little bit out of balance.
– NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji
– MAC Studiosculpt concealor
– L’Oreal Colour Riche Le Kohl in Immaculate Snow drawn on the ‘inner V’ – inner 1/2 top lashline, inner 1/3rd bottom lashline, connected at the inner corner. I blended this with a small pencil brush after applying straight from the pencil.
– L’Oreal Glam Bronze ‘La Terra’ blended in the crease
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend edges above crease
– Physician’s Formula shimmer strips eyeliner in black from Brown Eyes Set to line upper lashline
– L’Oreal Color Riche Le Sourcil Eyebrow Pencil in Deep Brown
– L’Oreal Nude Magique BB Blush on apples.
– L’Oreal Glam Bronze La Terra to contour cheekbones
If you want to see Rae Morris in action, here she is demonstrating the makeup application for this look on a model.
I’m hardly what you would call a high fashion type of a girl in general, but I do love looking to the runways for makeup art inspiration each year- particularly Autumn/Winter RTW.
One of the runway looks that has stuck in my head over the years (possibly due to the simplicity and the resemblance to Modigliani paintings, which I adore) is the looks that Tom Pecheaux created for Marni A/W RTW 2010 back when he was working for MAC Cosmetics. He used MAC Flourishing matte eyeshadow as a soft wash all over the lid right up to the brows, and MAC Spice lip pencil in the centre of the lips.
I used his idea of having MAC Flourishing eyeshadow all the way up to the brows, and switched up the lipstick to something a little bit vampier.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Jan 18th, 2013 in FOTD, Lipstick, MAC, Runway | 63250 comments. Marni%2C+Modigliani%2C+and+Me%3A+A+Runway+Inspired+FOTD+2013-01-18+01%3A20%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6325
One of the looks from the Spring/Summer Fashion week runways I really loved was the one created for the Giorgio Armani show in Milan. For the show, the makeup artist created a graphic silvery blue eye to go with a minimalist face, using the new Maestro Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad from the new collection.
I don’t own the Armani Maestro Eyes To Kill quad, so I improvised with what I had in my stash, which were some items from MAC, Illamasqua, Urban Decay, and NARS – (AKA ‘The Usual Suspects’).
My version turned out a little softer, and less graphic, than the original makeup look.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 28th, 2012 in FOTD, Inglot, MAC, Runway | 57790 comments. Giorgio+Armani+S%2FS+2013+runway+inspired+FOTD2012-11-28+11%3A10%3A12myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5779
Tags: Runway Inspired
One of the looks from the last Ready To Wear shows at NYFW that I really wanted to try was the makeup done for Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2013 (see the images in my Fashion Week coverage post).
The ethereal quality and the warm of the makeup worked perfectly with the romanticism of the India- inspired spring collection in my opinion. I also thought that the look created for this Vera Wang show would be a great option for bridal makeup if you prefer a more natural look over a classic smokey eye. There is a nice subtle shimmer in both the lips and the eyes, which I quite like. The one thing missing is a Vera Wang wedding gown!
I hope you enjoy this FOTD, I’ve listed and photographed products used below
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 14th, 2012 in Blush, FOTD, MAC, NARS, Runway | 56410 comments. Vera+Wang+S%2FS+2013+inspired+bridal+makeup+FOTD+2012-11-14+07%3A49%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5641
Hope you’ve all had a good start to the week. I’ve just gotten back from an amazing weekend away exploring the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with my boyfriend, and currently daydreaming about putting a deposit on a waterfront property somewhere along there. A gal can dream, right?
Before I left, I put together a FOTD inspired by the beauty looks on Versace Spring Summer runways during Milan Fashion Week. I love a great smoky eye, and this one updates the classic smoky eye with a little bit of gold making it a great look for both day and night.
– Two faced shadow insurance to prime.
– Illamasqua ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) on the mobile lid.
– Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) in crease, layering for intensity in the outer V. I’ve also smudged this under the lower lashline and blended a little further down.
– MAC ‘Soba’ eyeshadow blended around the edges to soften the Inglot dark brown, and also give it a golden ‘halo’ type effect.
– Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in ‘Champagne’ blended in the inner corner as a highlight.
– The black and dark brown eyeliner from the Physicians formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner trio for brown eyes (swatched and reviewed here) smudged along upper lashline and bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink gel eyeliner to line lower waterline.
– Katy Perry falsies from Eyelure.
– Illamasqua Powder blush in ‘Naked Rose’ (reviewed and swatched here as part of the Naked Strangers collection)
– NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok (swatched and reviewed here)
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Runway | 53550 comments. Antique+Gold+Smoky+eye+FOTD+inspired+by+Versace+S%2FS2012-10-16+03%3A33%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5355
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com firstname.lastname@example.org
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser