I did a quick day time smoky eye last Sunday before heading off for (yet another) round of apartment hunting. I’ve been loving the combination of a warm matte crease with a cool lid colour lately- I think it’s very autumn appropriate and a nice change from my usual dove grey crease.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- MAC Uninterrupted Pro Longwear eyeshadow blended all over the lid and just past the crease.
- Inglot Matte dark brown (top left corner of my Inglot freedom palette) applied to the mobile lid
- Urban Decay Hustle eyeshadow from the Naked Palette (third from the right) blended on top of the Inglot. I also blended Hustle under the bottom lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line upper lashline and bottom waterline.
- L’Oreal Color Riche Le Khol in Immaculate Snow applied to the inner corners of the eyes and blended with a pencil brush
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in Champagne applied on top
- MAC Fleur Power blush on apples of the cheeks
- L’Oreal Glam Bronze in La Terra to contour
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 20th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD | 73480 comments. FOTD%3A+Purple+Smoky+Eye+Caramel+Crease+Feat.+Urban+Decay+Naked+Palette+and+MAC+Uninterrupted+2013-05-20+03%3A36%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7348
I love the way that blues and greens look with brown eyes, and it’s really been too long since I used these (too easy just to reach for a taupe or a brown when you don’t want to think too much!).
There’s something about this particular colour palette (khaki green, inky blue, and gold) that I tend to gravitate towards- I think it’s because these colours bring to mind the romanticism of explorers and exotic spice routes. Now that we’re getting into the Autumn and (god forbid), Winter months, I will definitely be getting my teeth into these colours.
MAC Gold pigment is the best ‘true gold’ (no sparkles, no duochrome, no pink or bronze tones) eye shadow product I have seen to date- it is intensely pigmented, finely milled, and just like molten gold. You really need the tiniest amount on a pencil brush for this highlight, and the small sample pot I got from The Body Needs has lasted me years.
- MAC Humid eyeshadow packed on to the upper mobile lid
- MAC Cork eyeshadow blended in the crease
- MAC Typographic eyeshadow (matte dark grey, not pictured here) to darken outer V
- MAC Prussian eyeshadow blended under bottom lashline
- MAC Gold pigment applied (dry) to the inner corner of the eyes with a pencil brush. Mine is a sample size from The Body Needs.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ink to line upper lashline and bottom waterline.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on May 12th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, MAC | 74240 comments. FOTD%3A+Khaki+Green+and+Blue+Smoky+Eyes+with+A+Pop+of+MAC+Gold+Pigment2013-05-12+10%3A43%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7424
Apologies for some awkward moments (mostly where I can’t see what I’m doing and accidentally apply makeup like a 6yr old), and being out of focus for half the video- still trying to get used to my camera set up. It’s the second time I’ve made a video with my Canon 60D, and although I love this camera to bits staying in sharp focus is still challenge.
So much fun to shoot though! Hope you enjoy the video, and any feedback will be very much appreciated.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Ore (reviewed and swatched here:http://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2011/… )
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad To The Bronze
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance
- MAC Omega, Mystery, Typographic eyeshadows (all matte)
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner (reviewed here:http://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2012/… )
- MAC Bronzing powder ‘Bronze’ (reviewed and swatched here:http://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2013/…)
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis Blush
- Burberry List Mist ‘Copper’ (reviewed and swatchedhttp://myfunnyvalentineblog.com/2012/… )
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Mar 19th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD, YouTube | 67740 comments. Youtube+Makeup+Tutorial%3A+Bronze+Smoky+Eye+Feat.+Illamasqua+Ore+and+Maybelline+Color+Tattoo2013-03-19+02%3A18%3A05myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D6774
Look what I found hiding in my drafts- a FOTD that I had planned to publish late last year, but completely forgot about! Hi there red hair.
Oh and happy Valentine’s Day for all those who celebrate it
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 14th, 2013 in FOTD | 59170 comments. Sea+foam+green+duochrome+daytime+smoky+eye+featuring+Shu+Uemura+ME+olive+4712013-02-14+05%3A09%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5917
I have another makeup look inspired by a film character. Berenice Marlohe, who is half Cambodian and half French, looked incredibly in Skyfall- she oozed danger and sultriness as befits a Bond Girl.
I tried creating a more wearable version of her sooty feline-like smokey eye. In the end I wasn’t that happy with how the look photographed, but I had fun trying!
keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 20th, 2012 in FOTD, Hair | 59080 comments. Severine%3A+Skyfall+Bond+Girl+inspired+hair+and+makeup2012-12-20+00%3A58%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5908