Look what I found hiding in my drafts- a FOTD that I had planned to publish late last year, but completely forgot about! Hi there red hair.
Oh and happy Valentine’s Day for all those who celebrate it
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 14th, 2013 in FOTD | 59170 comments. Sea+foam+green+duochrome+daytime+smoky+eye+featuring+Shu+Uemura+ME+olive+4712013-02-14+05%3A09%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5917
I have another makeup look inspired by a film character. Berenice Marlohe, who is half Cambodian and half French, looked incredibly in Skyfall- she oozed danger and sultriness as befits a Bond Girl.
I tried creating a more wearable version of her sooty feline-like smokey eye. In the end I wasn’t that happy with how the look photographed, but I had fun trying!
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Dec 20th, 2012 in FOTD, Hair | 59080 comments. Severine%3A+Skyfall+Bond+Girl+inspired+hair+and+makeup2012-12-20+00%3A58%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5908
A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a reader with a makeup look request- the reader, Anna, wanted me to recreate the look on the model in the image with a few tweaks to suit her complexion.
I love these requests because they get me out of my makeup comfort zone and my blogging comfort zone. What a fun look you’ve chosen Anna-great pick! It was good timing too, because I think this look would work well with a fascinator and a glass of bubbly at the Melbourne Cup Spring Racing Carnival next Tuesday.
I have pale olive skin, black hair and green eyes. I want the green to really ‘pop’.)
( I especially really like how vivid and colorful the eye makeup is, but that it still manages to look ‘soft‘, pretty and blended in (no hard lines or edges).
And lastly, for the lips, my lips are naturally a darker rose or cranberry color. So I would prefer something a slightly darker (instead of the pinkish color the model has), while still maintaining a pretty ‘flushed’ look.
I love dramatic makeup (in general), but I prefer to use as little black as possible. I like to get creative & use lots of color without looking too ‘circus-y’! ( Vibrant but soft at the same time. ) If / when you have time and think you might be able to do a step-by-step, I would be immensely grateful.
Thank you for listening & keep up the lovely work!
As you can tell, the image of the requested look has been edited with photoshop to achieve the high contrast, surreal, effect. I played around the FOTD shot above with photoshop to approximate the high contrast effect so that it gives you a rough idea of how the makeup that I’ve done changes with editing.
To be honest, I don’t think it turned out like the requested look- I’m missing some serious bottom lash action and bleached brows, but I quite like this fuschia smokey eye.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 1st, 2012 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot | 54840 comments. Spring+Racing+Carnival+appropriate+fuschia+smokey+eye+FOTD2012-11-01+04%3A51%3A46myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5484
Tags: Smoky Eye
Hope you’ve all had a good start to the week. I’ve just gotten back from an amazing weekend away exploring the Great Ocean Road and Warrnambool with my boyfriend, and currently daydreaming about putting a deposit on a waterfront property somewhere along there. A gal can dream, right?
Before I left, I put together a FOTD inspired by the beauty looks on Versace Spring Summer runways during Milan Fashion Week. I love a great smoky eye, and this one updates the classic smoky eye with a little bit of gold making it a great look for both day and night.
- Two faced shadow insurance to prime.
- Illamasqua ‘Wolf’ eyeshadow from the Neutral Palette (swatched and reviewed here) on the mobile lid.
- Inglot eyeshadow Matte 329 (matte dark charcoal brown reviewed and swatched here) in crease, layering for intensity in the outer V. I’ve also smudged this under the lower lashline and blended a little further down.
- MAC ‘Soba’ eyeshadow blended around the edges to soften the Inglot dark brown, and also give it a golden ‘halo’ type effect.
- Inglot eyeshadow Shine 39 (bright cool toned gold reviewed and swatched here) on the very centre of the mobile lid on top of ‘Wolf’
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in ‘Champagne’ blended in the inner corner as a highlight.
- The black and dark brown eyeliner from the Physicians formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner trio for brown eyes (swatched and reviewed here) smudged along upper lashline and bottom lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Espresso Ink gel eyeliner to line lower waterline.
- Katy Perry falsies from Eyelure.
- Illamasqua Powder blush in ‘Naked Rose’ (reviewed and swatched here as part of the Naked Strangers collection)
- NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok (swatched and reviewed here)
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Oct 16th, 2012 in FOTD, Illamasqua, Inglot, Runway | 53550 comments. Antique+Gold+Smoky+eye+FOTD+inspired+by+Versace+S%2FS2012-10-16+03%3A33%3A47myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5355
Jessica Rabbit is one of my favourite cartoon characters of all time, and arguably one of the sexiest cartoon females ever drawn. She’s such a fun character, and an awesome halloween or dress up idea.
A long time ago I attempted a Jessica Rabbit FOTD on this blog (I’m not going to link it because I’m a little embarrassed by my early FOTDs). Now that my hair is actually red I thought it would be fun to try my hand at another Jessica Rabbit look.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow from the UD Naked Palette applied on lower part of mobile lid and on the inner corner to highlight. (Urban Decay Naked Palette swatched here)
- Smashbox ‘Ink’ eyeshadow on mobile lid on top of ‘Sin’
- Smashbox ‘Cabernet’ eyeshadow on outer V and blended into and past the crease.
- Smashbox ‘Cabernet’ eyeshadow smudged into outer 1/3rd of bottom lashline.
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken outer V. (swatched here)
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend edges around top of crease. (swatched here)
Keep reading after the jump!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 3rd, 2012 in Chanel, FOTD, Uncategorized | 51440 comments. I%27m+not+bad%2C+I%27m+just+drawn+that+way%3A+A+Jessica+Rabbit+FOTD2012-09-03+03%3A23%3A05myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5144