Hope you’ve all been well. I’ve just come back from an (awesome) holiday in Thailand and Cambodia- and now facing the madness of work, study, and what my friend Arjun calls “life admin”. It’s about time I did another makeup post!
This look is a work appropriate way to wear a little bit of colour for the neutral lovers amongst us. The green shade and little pop of gold also makes it a nice way to sneak in some Christmas colours- pair with a glossy red if you are feeling particularly festive.
MAC Flourishing e/s
MAC Omega e/s
Benefit Stay Don’t Stray
MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years! xPosted by myfunnyvalentine on Dec 10th, 2014 in FOTD | 109871 commentKhaki%2C+gold%2C+rose-+work+appropriate+Christmas+makeup+FOTD2014-12-10+01%3A31%3A53myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D10987
After picking up Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage quad at the end of last year, I found myself reaching for it almost daily. For most of January I was in Perth- working and living out of a suitcase, so it was fantastic having such a versatile palette which can work with other shadows or on it’s own.
When I couldn’t be bothered to think about what to wear on my eyes (in the morning before work, or on my way out to drinks), I would do this super simple brown smoky eye. The concentration of the liner and shadows on the outer corners gives a subtle doe eyed look, and I’ve avoided lining the waterline to make it wearable for day and night- and work with both nude lips and bold lips.
Nothing groundbreaking here, but I thought it would be nice to show you what the shadows from the Cocoa Mirage quad look like as they’re layered step by step.
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 1st, 2014 in Eye shadow, FOTD, Uncategorized | 99291 commentCocoa+Mirage+Brown+Smoky+Eye+%2B+Matte+Berry+Lip+FOTD+tutorial2014-04-01+07%3A00%3A26myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9929
Soft camel brown with gunmetal, that is.
Yes, it was a dumb title for this FOTD post, but when you’ve done a gazillion posts titled ‘soft brown smoky eye’ or similar, you tend to enjoy making up silly names. Anyway. I have been using my Tom Ford eyeshadow quad in Cocoa Mirage virtually every day since purchasing it at Sydney DJs at the end of last year- the day I shot this FOTD was no exception. I took a few photos in my hotel room before leaving for work in the morning (in Perth, #suitcasediaries) because I liked how the NARS Dogon looked with the soft warm toned browns of Cocoa Mirage.
I also quite like the way that the darker shade of NARS Dogon blends better when applied over the silky texture of the Cocoa Mirage shadows- much better than it normally does on primer alone (it tends to apply a little patchy, which is unfortunate because of how beautiful the shade is)
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 24th, 2014 in FOTD, NARS | 99200 comments. Camels+with+Guns%3A+Soft+Smoky+eye+%2B+Neutral+Face+2014-02-24+05%3A41%3A13myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9920
I still can’t seem to get Dolce and Gabbana S/S 2013 out of my head. I adore Pat McGrath’s Sicilian summer inspired makeup, and often wear some variation of that glowy cats eye. This is one that I wore to work- a very neutral monochromatic look that I’m fond of when I want to look polished, but don’t want to think too hard.
- Matte white shade from the Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage Quad on the mobile lid
- Matte light brown shade in crease and underneath bottom lashline
- Matte dark brown shade in the outer V
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded in the inner corner
- Daniel Sander Brown Velvet Eyeliner on upper lashline and smudged into outer 1/3rd of bottom lashline.
- Daniel Sandler Watercolour blush in Gentle (don’t do it. Dry as hell)
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 31st, 2014 in Eye shadow, FOTD | 96520 comments. Glowy+Monochromatic+Work+Makeup+FOTD+2014-01-31+06%3A59%3A03myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D9652
I did a quick day time smoky eye last Sunday before heading off for (yet another) round of apartment hunting. I’ve been loving the combination of a warm matte crease with a cool lid colour lately- I think it’s very autumn appropriate and a nice change from my usual dove grey crease.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
- MAC Uninterrupted Pro Longwear eyeshadow blended all over the lid and just past the crease.
- Inglot Matte dark brown matte 329 (top left corner of my Inglot freedom palette pictured below) applied to the mobile lid. I’ve swatched matte 329 in this post.
- Urban Decay Hustle eyeshadow from the Naked Palette (third from the right) blended on top of the Inglot. I also blended Hustle under the bottom lashline.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line upper lashline and bottom waterline.
- L’Oreal Color Riche Le Khol in Immaculate Snow applied to the inner corners of the eyes and blended with a pencil brush
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in Champagne applied on top
- MAC Fleur Power blush on apples of the cheeks
- L’Oreal Glam Bronze in La Terra to contour
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 20th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD | 73480 comments. FOTD%3A+Purple+Smoky+Eye+Caramel+Crease+Feat.+Urban+Decay+Naked+Palette+and+MAC+Uninterrupted+2013-05-20+03%3A36%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7348
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com