Look what I found hiding in my drafts- a FOTD that I had planned to publish late last year, but completely forgot about! Hi there red hair.
Oh and happy Valentine’s Day for all those who celebrate it
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 14th, 2013 in FOTD | 59170 comments. Sea+foam+green+duochrome+daytime+smoky+eye+featuring+Shu+Uemura+ME+olive+4712013-02-14+05%3A09%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5917
One of the looks from the last Ready To Wear shows at NYFW that I really wanted to try was the makeup done for Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2013 (see the images in my Fashion Week coverage post).
The ethereal quality and the warm of the makeup worked perfectly with the romanticism of the India- inspired spring collection in my opinion. I also thought that the look created for this Vera Wang show would be a great option for bridal makeup if you prefer a more natural look over a classic smokey eye. There is a nice subtle shimmer in both the lips and the eyes, which I quite like. The one thing missing is a Vera Wang wedding gown!
I hope you enjoy this FOTD, I’ve listed and photographed products used below
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 14th, 2012 in Blush, FOTD, MAC, NARS, Runway | 56410 comments. Vera+Wang+S%2FS+2013+inspired+bridal+makeup+FOTD+2012-11-14+07%3A49%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5641
Hello and welcome to another Liptick Bandits post (if you’re unfamiliar with these posts- our Lipstick Bandits team from around the world simultaneously blog about pressing issues like our favourite fall lipstick, the perfect red, etc).
For this instalment, the Lipstick Bandits decided to vote on the ultimate universally flattering lipstick. We decided on Viva Glam V because:
a) It looks good on pretty much everyone
b) It’s available worldwide and is part of MAC’s permanent collection.
c) Every cent from the sale of this lipstick goes to the MAC AIDS fund which supports men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
Viva Glam V is described as a ‘neutral pink with pearl’, Lustre finish lipstick by MAC. On my lips it looks like a light mauvey pink with silvery white microshimmer.
It goes on sheer and feels balmy on the lips. Very wearable.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 2nd, 2012 in FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC, Reviews | 42931 commentViva+Glam+V%3A+The+Universal+Lipstick2012-04-01+21%3A39%3A27myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4293
It’s ridiculous of me to think I can suggest a makeup look for anyone’s first date.
Everyone has a different style, and I think that you should look like yourself on a date- and if you’re into bold, crazy makeup looks every other day, your first date shouldn’t be any different. And god knows I haven’t had a ‘first date’ for years…
But I can’t think of another title for this post- so it stays.
I was delighted to rediscover an unopened NARS Chihuahua lipgloss that I had purchased over 6 months ago totally forgotten about (it was languishing in my basket of things I needed to photograph and review). For the past week or so I have been using this pretty much every day, and I can’t believe I ever lived without it.
NARS Chihuahua lip gloss is a medium petal pink which is pigmented enough to show up quite well on my darkish lips, and is one of the few light pinks out there that don’t make me look like a hooker (always a plus on a date!). It’s non-sticky, feels luxuriously cushiony on the lips, and has a pretty decent wear time for a light coloured gloss.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids.
- MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot (swatched here) smudged on mobile lid to crease.
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend out harsh edges
- Fyrinnae ‘Beholder’ (the perfect PERFECT taupe) on top of the paint pot, on mobile lid. swatched here.
- Stila Smudgepot Matte Brown to line bottom lashline (nothing on waterline for once)
- Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette (reviewed here) smudged underneath the Stila Smudgepot.
- Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow (shimmery pink champagne) from Naked palette on inner corners.
- Bobbi Brown gel liner in ‘Ink’ to line top lashline.
- MAC ‘Golden’ Bronzer to contour
- MAC ‘Gingerly‘ Blush on apples
- NARS Chihuahua lipgloss
What would you wear on a first/second/third date? I’d love to know!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 27th, 2012 in FOTD, Lip Gloss, NARS | 39870 comments. First+Date+Makeup...+%28or+not%29%3A+FOTD+feat.+NARS+Chihuahua+Lip+Gloss2012-02-27+05%3A00%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3987
I hope you’ve all been well and having a fantastic start to 2012 so far.
For me it’s the year of big changes and leaps into the unknown- I’ll be moving myself and Dizzy to Melbourne ( just because) after being very happy in regional NSW for over 3 yrs; possibly going to Peru for a month to volunteer alongside other eyecare professionals; letting go of old and destructive relationships and starting new ones; and of course in the blog-world getting use to life after Google Friend Connect. I should be excited but at the moment I feel a little like I’m standing at the edge of a precipice.
In other news, I wore Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui the other night.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui (swatch and review here) on lid blended up to crease with fingers.
- MAC Embark eyeshadow smudged below bottom lashline
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend harsh edges below Embark.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper lashline and lower waterline.
- MAC Blushbaby blush
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ‘Boy’Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 17th, 2012 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 36310 comments. Smokey+Terracotta%3A+FOTD+featuring+Chanel+Illusion+D%27Ombre+Ebloui2012-01-17+11%3A02%3A12myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3631
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com