I hope you’ve all been well and having a fantastic start to 2012 so far.
For me it’s the year of big changes and leaps into the unknown- I’ll be moving myself and Dizzy to Melbourne ( just because) after being very happy in regional NSW for over 3 yrs; possibly going to Peru for a month to volunteer alongside other eyecare professionals; letting go of old and destructive relationships and starting new ones; and of course in the blog-world getting use to life after Google Friend Connect. I should be excited but at the moment I feel a little like I’m standing at the edge of a precipice.
In other news, I wore Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui the other night.
- Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Ebloui (swatch and review here) on lid blended up to crease with fingers.
- MAC Embark eyeshadow smudged below bottom lashline
- MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend harsh edges below Embark.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to line upper lashline and lower waterline.
- MAC Blushbaby blush
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ‘Boy’Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Jan 17th, 2012 in Chanel, Eye shadow, FOTD | 36310 comments. Smokey+Terracotta%3A+FOTD+featuring+Chanel+Illusion+D%27Ombre+Ebloui2012-01-17+11%3A02%3A12myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3631
Sorry I’ve been missing in action lately. I had a very lazy holiday period, and when I was rested and ready to blog up a storm- My Funny Valentine came down with a mysterious case of trojan flu. Yes, again (FML).
For a few terrifying days I actually thought that I would have to either give up on the MFV for good, or move back to blogspot. Thankfully, Sarah from Dempeaux came to the rescue (well, technically her programmer boyfriend did) and we found 4 separate lines of malicious code lurking … maliciously?.. in my theme files.
I want to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the lovely readers that tweeted and emailed me letting me know what the situation was on their end- what would I do without you guys?
[edit: less than 5hrs after publishing this post, Sarah from Dempeaux and her programmer boyfriend alerted me to the fact that there were suddenly hundreds of malicious lines of code on my blog seeded across a number of blog files- they were being churned out by some sort of Russian virus hiding in my TimThumb plugin files. Sarah's boyfriend was kind enough to nurse my poor little blog back to health last night- I can't thank them enough.]
So now that we’re back on track- here is a FOTD that I had been wearing quite a bit lately (I’m pretty sure I wore this on NYE) . It’s a plummy taupey soft smokey eye with a bit of Illusion D’Ombre shimmer.
I know that here in Australia we’re heading into Summer, but I can’t get enough of Fall colours, and would happily wear a vampy lip all year round. So here I’m wearing my Fall lipstick pick- MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick in ‘Good to be Bad’.
FOTD makeup breakdown:
-Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Mirifique in a sheer layer blended on mobile lid.
- NARS Grand Palais Duo (pinky brown side) in crease
- MUFE waterproof eye brow corrector to fill in brows
- Lord and Berry Inkglam Liquid Eyeliner on top lashline
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Gracilis blush
- MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick ‘Good to be Bad’.
Wondering what the other Lipstick Bandits are loving? Check out these posts for all our fall favourites:
As promised here is a Face of the Day with my new Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eye shadow. I’ve been wearing this gorgeous metallic olive/old gold eyeshadow to work quite a bit lately, and my favourite way to use it is with the silvery taupe side of NARS Grand Palais for a soft daytime smoky eye.
- UDPP Eden
- Silvery taupe side of NARS Grand Palais Duo (review and swatches here) on the inner 1/3rd of top and bottom lids. I’ve applied it with a damp brush to increase intensity because it’s quite sheer otherwise.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird eye shadow (review and swatches here) on the outer 2/3rds of mobile lid.
- MAC Copperplate eye shadow in crease.
- MAC Mystery eyeshadow to darken outer V.
- Becca Creme Blush in Hyacinth (review and swatches here)
- top photo: absolutely nothing except leftovers of my OCC lip tar swatchfest which I tried to rub off
- bottom photo: Revlon Demure lipstick.
If you’re thinking of purchasing RBR or BECCA products, here is a discount code for Zuneta that will get you 8% off.
8% Off Entire Site – Code – ZUN8 – Expires – 31-10-2011
note: this post contains affiliate links, which gives us commission when you click through and make a purchase. This does not influence the opinions expressed in this review. See the policies page for more information.
Exploring a new sensation in lip colour, Estée Lauder and Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux introduce the new Pure Color Sensuous Rouge LipColor collection, changing the modern definition of what a lipstick should be.
Two intoxicating formulas are combined to create a luscious, one-of-a-kind elixir that is introduced in 16 delicious shades. Taking cues from couture fashion, this lipstick fuses a creamy, luscious shell with a liquefied core for a lipstick that is truly uniquely decadent while marrying style and performance.
Lips will love this succulent, voluptuous lipstick that drenches in shine and moisture for a euphoric sensorial experience.
Availability: www.esteelauder.com.au , Estee Lauder counters worldwide.
Mauve is usually a colour that I adore on everyone else’s lips but mine. I’ve never been able to find a mauve lipstick that didn’t make me look sallow and ill- until now. Meet my new lipstick of choice for work.
Orchid Surrender Sensuous Rouge Lip Color makes me feel polished and a bit little more ‘grown up’, which is great in a professional setting.
Keep reading after the jump!
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Sep 14th, 2011 in Lipstick, Reviews, Swatches | 17230 comments. Estee+Lauder+Orchid+Surrender+Pure+Color+Sensuous+Rouge+lipstick%3A+review%2C+swatches%2C+FOTD.2011-09-14+07%3A20%3A11myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D1723