I did a quick day time smoky eye last Sunday before heading off for (yet another) round of apartment hunting. I’ve been loving the combination of a warm matte crease with a cool lid colour lately- I think it’s very autumn appropriate and a nice change from my usual dove grey crease.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance to prime
– MAC Uninterrupted Pro Longwear eyeshadow blended all over the lid and just past the crease.
– Inglot Matte dark brown matte 329 (top left corner of my Inglot freedom palette pictured below) applied to the mobile lid. I’ve swatched matte 329 in this post.
– Urban Decay Hustle eyeshadow from the Naked Palette (third from the right) blended on top of the Inglot. I also blended Hustle under the bottom lashline.
– Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink to line upper lashline and bottom waterline.
– L’Oreal Color Riche Le Khol in Immaculate Snow applied to the inner corners of the eyes and blended with a pencil brush
– Bobbi Brown Shimmer Eyeshadow in Champagne applied on top
– MAC Fleur Power blush on apples of the cheeks
– L’Oreal Glam Bronze in La Terra to contour
Posted by myfunnyvalentine on May 20th, 2013 in Eye shadow, FOTD | 73480 comments. FOTD%3A+Purple+Smoky+Eye+Caramel+Crease+Feat.+Urban+Decay+Naked+Palette+and+MAC+Uninterrupted+2013-05-20+03%3A36%3A36myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D7348
Look what I found hiding in my drafts- a FOTD that I had planned to publish late last year, but completely forgot about! Hi there red hair.
Oh and happy Valentine’s Day for all those who celebrate it
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Feb 14th, 2013 in FOTD | 59170 comments. Sea+foam+green+duochrome+daytime+smoky+eye+featuring+Shu+Uemura+ME+olive+4712013-02-14+05%3A09%3A04myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5917
One of the looks from the last Ready To Wear shows at NYFW that I really wanted to try was the makeup done for Vera Wang Spring/Summer 2013 (see the images in my Fashion Week coverage post).
The ethereal quality and the warm of the makeup worked perfectly with the romanticism of the India- inspired spring collection in my opinion. I also thought that the look created for this Vera Wang show would be a great option for bridal makeup if you prefer a more natural look over a classic smokey eye. There is a nice subtle shimmer in both the lips and the eyes, which I quite like. The one thing missing is a Vera Wang wedding gown!
I hope you enjoy this FOTD, I’ve listed and photographed products used below
Keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Nov 14th, 2012 in Blush, FOTD, MAC, NARS, Runway | 56410 comments. Vera+Wang+S%2FS+2013+inspired+bridal+makeup+FOTD+2012-11-14+07%3A49%3A25myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D5641
Hello and welcome to another Liptick Bandits post (if you’re unfamiliar with these posts- our Lipstick Bandits team from around the world simultaneously blog about pressing issues like our favourite fall lipstick, the perfect red, etc).
For this instalment, the Lipstick Bandits decided to vote on the ultimate universally flattering lipstick. We decided on Viva Glam V because:
a) It looks good on pretty much everyone
b) It’s available worldwide and is part of MAC’s permanent collection.
c) Every cent from the sale of this lipstick goes to the MAC AIDS fund which supports men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.
Viva Glam V is described as a ‘neutral pink with pearl’, Lustre finish lipstick by MAC. On my lips it looks like a light mauvey pink with silvery white microshimmer.
It goes on sheer and feels balmy on the lips. Very wearable.
keep reading after the jump!myfunnyvalentine on Apr 2nd, 2012 in FOTD, Lipstick, Lipstick Bandits, MAC, Reviews | 42931 commentViva+Glam+V%3A+The+Universal+Lipstick2012-04-01+21%3A39%3A27myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D4293
It’s ridiculous of me to think I can suggest a makeup look for anyone’s first date.
Everyone has a different style, and I think that you should look like yourself on a date- and if you’re into bold, crazy makeup looks every other day, your first date shouldn’t be any different. And god knows I haven’t had a ‘first date’ for years…
But I can’t think of another title for this post- so it stays.
I was delighted to rediscover an unopened NARS Chihuahua lipgloss that I had purchased over 6 months ago totally forgotten about (it was languishing in my basket of things I needed to photograph and review). For the past week or so I have been using this pretty much every day, and I can’t believe I ever lived without it.
NARS Chihuahua lip gloss is a medium petal pink which is pigmented enough to show up quite well on my darkish lips, and is one of the few light pinks out there that don’t make me look like a hooker (always a plus on a date!). It’s non-sticky, feels luxuriously cushiony on the lips, and has a pretty decent wear time for a light coloured gloss.
– Two Faced Shadow Insurance to prime lids.
– MAC Quite Natural Paint Pot (swatched here) smudged on mobile lid to crease.
– MAC Omega eyeshadow to blend out harsh edges
– Fyrinnae ‘Beholder’ (the perfect PERFECT taupe) on top of the paint pot, on mobile lid. swatched here.
– Stila Smudgepot Matte Brown to line bottom lashline (nothing on waterline for once)
– Urban Decay ‘Buck’ eyeshadow from Naked Palette (reviewed here) smudged underneath the Stila Smudgepot.
– Urban Decay ‘Sin’ eyeshadow (shimmery pink champagne) from Naked palette on inner corners.
– Bobbi Brown gel liner in ‘Ink’ to line top lashline.
– MAC ‘Golden’ Bronzer to contour
– MAC ‘Gingerly‘ Blush on apples
– NARS Chihuahua lipgloss
What would you wear on a first/second/third date? I’d love to know!Posted by myfunnyvalentine on Feb 27th, 2012 in FOTD, Lip Gloss, NARS | 39870 comments. First+Date+Makeup...+%28or+not%29%3A+FOTD+feat.+NARS+Chihuahua+Lip+Gloss2012-02-27+05%3A00%3A28myfunnyvalentinehttp%3A%2F%2Fmyfunnyvalentineblog.com%2F%3Fp%3D3987
Optometrist/beauty blogger/crazy cat lady. It's Jenny, not Jennifer. You can also find me on www.straightnochaserblog.com email@example.com
September Beauty Favourites: NARS, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Jojoba Company, and more
MUSQ Skincare Reviewed: Hand Wash and Face & Body Exfoliant
Rouge Bunny Rouge Umber Firefinch Eyeshadow: Swatches, Review, FOTD
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows Grey Go-Away Lourie and Blackpepper Jay: Review
Kinn Thai, Canberra: Straight, No Chaser